Wednesday, January 28, 2015

My Favorite Thing

Oh my goodness I love praying. So much. The power of prayer seriously is my favorite thing. Over the last month I have come to absolutely love saying my prayers. But not only do I absolutely love it, I completely rely on its power. It's the only time in my day when I feel completely free. Free of all care in the world because I can  speak without judgement and I know that no matter what He is always there. Prayer brings a kind of peace that nothing else can and brings a special kind of comfort. I have learned that I can go to Heavenly Father with anything. No matter what it is! When I pray, I pretend like I'm sitting in a room with my best friend and it's just the two of us so I know that I can say anything. Because He is my best friend. When I pray, I feel like someone is listening because someone IS listening! It's the most amazing and humbly feeling. The power of prayer is what really showed me that I was not alone in a situation where I felt utterly lost. Prayer has been the way that I have been able to feel of Gods love and His presence in my life. I could go on and on and on about prayer because it's my favorite thing! I find myself praying all throughout the day. Each morning and night I do it on my knees and speak out loud to my Father in Heaven, but through  out the day, I find myself with a prayer in my mind and in my heart. Sometimes I even find myself speaking out loud while I'm driving in my car or walking across campus. Prayer is so incredible. So my advice to you- pray always. Always. Always. Always. Life is hard? Pray. Life is confusing? Pray. Life is pointless? Pray. Life is easy and good? Well Elder Holland said it best: KEEP PRAYING. Remember to always pray regardless of your circumstances and to always keep a prayer in your heart. Because I promise you- He is there and He is listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment