Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Know Who You Are

Finding yourself comes when you find and come unto Christ. When you understand that you are a son or daughter of God, you realize that nothing else matters. No one's opinion can take you down and no trial can tear you apart as long as you remember that the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. I thought I knew exactly who I was and where I was going. Then, everything in my life changed and I was lost and had no idea who I was. For so long I tried to find myself and I just couldn't, so I decided to turn to the Lord. I turned my heart to Christ, l utilized the power of prayer and the comfort of the scriptures and from that I have been able to find myself. There have been times during this last month when I felt so lost because I felt as if I was being kicked while I was down and trampled into the ground by the words and actions of others. But that was when I realized that in the eternal perspective (or even just the big picture) the things that are happening right now aren't going to matter. But what is going to matter is the fact that I realized, for the first time in my life, that I am truly a noble disciple of Christ and a royal daughter of an amazing King. It was when I turned to Christ that I learned who I really am and realized what really matters in this life. I learned that if you want to find out who you are, you have to find Christ and build a relationship with him first. I learned not to waste time and energy on things that won't matter in the eternities and use my energy on the things of the Lord. As hard as life has been, I have learned WHO I am and WHOSE I am. I am beautiful to Him. He loves me the way I am. He will always be here for me. He will always protect me. He's my strength when I stand. He has saved me. He is my king. He is my father. I am His daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment