Saturday, January 24, 2015

Guess Who's Going on a Mission

I'm so blessed and so lucky to have been born into such an amazing gospel. I cannot imagine a life with out the gospel in it. And that is why I have decided to serve a mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I've decided to leave my family for 18 months so that others can be with their families forever. I have decided to serve a mission because I know without a shadow of a doubt that this church is the source of my happiness and I believe that every human being on this earth deserves to know and feel of this pure joy that I have in my life. I have decided to serve a mission because when I hit rock bottom, when I felt like I had nothing else to live for,  this gospel, my savior gave me a purpose. He pulled me up from rock bottom. I'm serving a mission because I want everyone in the world to know that rock bottom doesn't mean it's over. There is always a way back and that way back is our Savior. He is the way. And I plan on spreading that message out to where ever I am called to serve too. I cannot wait to put my life on hold for 18 months and devote everything I have and everything I am to the Lord.  am so blessed to have this opportunity to serve. I cannot wait to see what my future holds. I will be turning my papers in this summer and hopefully receiving a call soon after. But coming to this decision was not easy. It took many sleepless nights full of tearful prayers and tear stained scriptures. It took fasting and reading my patriarchal blessing countless times. And it took complete faith and trust in the Lord. Although coming to this decision was not easy, I could not be happier with the decision I made. I know serving a mission will be the hardest thing I have ever done, but I also know that it will be the most rewarding. I have never been so unsure, afraid, and nervous about something in my life, but I have also never been so sure, calm, and excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment