Sunday, March 22, 2015

What is Grace?

What is grace?

Picture two glasses of water. One glass is almost filled to the brim and the other glass isn't even half full; the glass represents a person and the water in the glass represents the best efforts of that person. Who is better? Well, most people would say the glass, aka the person, that is filled with more water, however, that is not the case. In God's eyes, as long as you're doing your best, it doesn't matter who's best seems to be "better" than yours, who's glass is more full, God will make up the difference, God will fill your glass. 

What is grace?

Grace is marvelous strength that we receive from the atonement of Jesus Christ that enables us to endure to the end. Through His grace, we can be saved from the pain of our sins and from inevitable death. The grace given by the atonement is available to everyone who is putting in effort and trying their best in this life. Grace comes at those times when you feel as if you've done everything you can and you still fall short; God steps in and will do what you can't. Grace is mercy, love, hope, peace and trusting in God. Trusting that God knows what's best for you, loves you more than you'll ever comprehend, and will carry you through anything and everything in this life. Grace is knowing that we are saved by the atonement and by the love of God. All we have to do to be worthy of his divine grace is come unto Him and try our best to keep the commandments and live his gospel. Without this amazing gift, no one would be able to return to the presence of God and resurrection would not be possible. Ether 12:27 says that if we can humble ourselves before the Lord, he will turn our weaknesses into strengths. 

What is grace?

Well to me, grace is my way back to my Father in Heaven. Through His grace, I am enough, I am sufficient. Through God's grace I can be transformed, I can be changed. His grace is the only way that repentance is possible. Because of His selfless and amazing sacrifice, I am able to utilize His atonement and His grace to come unto my Savior and repent. It is only through the grace of God that I will be able to be perfected and become like my Savior. Grace is the only way that I will be able to spend an eternity with my family and it is my only way into the celestial kingdom. Without grace, I am weak and I fall short. But with His grace, I am powerful, I am mighty, and I can do anything. Because really, Christ is doing it. He is making up the difference for what I cannot do. He is picking me up and carrying me on His back when I can no longer stand. Grace is the way for all of my weakness to become strengths. When I think about grace, I am always reminded that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. As I have tried to seek the grace of God in my life, I have found Christ to always be by my side. The grace of God refines my soul, touches my heart, and fills me with the love of my Savior. 

Without His grace I am nothing.
With His grace I am everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment