Sunday, March 1, 2015

I Would Never Have Asked For This

Looking back on the last 3 months, I would never have guessed that everything that has happened was going to happen. I never in a million years would have asked for the trials, the heartache, the sorrow, the worthlessness, and the hard times that accompanied the last 3 months; but I also wouldn't change one thing about it and I wouldn't trade it for the world. From my trials, I have come out of it a completely changed person. I have come from these trials closer to God than I ever have been in my entire life. I have gained a deep and true testimony of the things of the gospel. And I would not be here, with the firm and steadfast testimony that I have, without my trials.  
When I read this quote from Sister Stevens, I immediately began to cry. I had been praying that some sense could be made of everything that happened and then, I found this. It was then that I realized how much truth this holds. All the trials, the heartache, the sorrow, the worthlessness, and the hard times that I've faced not just over the last 3 months but my entire life. All the trials I've been through have slowly shaped me into who I am today, and they have slowly brought me closer to Christ. I am so thankful for my trials and for the hard things I've gone through in this life because through them I have found the Lord and my Savior and the amazing power of this gospel. I know my Savior loves me and is always looking out for me. I know He is cheering me on and carrying me through my hardest times. I wouldn't trade any of the trials in my life for anything because they have made me, me. And they have made me more like Christ, someone who I will strive to be just like until the day of resurrection. And if that takes going through the hardest trials, I will do it over and over again because the blessings we get from trials far exceed the pain of the actual trials. So no, I would never have asked for the trials in my life, but I also wouldn't trade it for the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment