Monday, March 9, 2015

A Light on a Hill

" 14. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
15. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 5:14-16)

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I am an example of the believers. I am an example of what it means to be a true disciple of Christ. I am a light on a hill. I may just be one, but just one light can be hope to those who have lost their way. One light in the darkness will spread some light; however, when you start to add lights to it, it can light up the world. 

As members of this amazing church, we are all lights on a hill shining in a world filled with darkness. In a world that is lost and lonely, our Father in Heaven works through us. The light that is within you brings hope to everyone, but especially those who are searching for the truth. Until this life changing light has been spread throughout all the of dark corners of the earth, we must remain lights on the hill shining so that all can see. We must remain strong examples and we must continually chose the right. The light that we have within us from this gospel cannot be hidden, so share it. Share the gospel, share His light, until the whole world lights up with it. Don't hide this gospel because it is life changing, it is amazing, and it is the only place where we can find true happiness. Don't put your light "under a bushel" because that not only makes it so you can't grow closer to your Savior, but it also makes it so that others cannot find Him through you. Put your light "on a candlestick" and hold it up high and proud for the whole world to see. Be proud to be a member of this church. Be proud to know the truth. Stand strong, stand tall, and share the goodness of this church. Keep the commandments, follow the prophet, and chose the right, and others will be able to see your good works and know that you are working for a higher power. They will see the light within you and they will want to know what it is, and they will want it for themselves.

I choose to be a light on a hill because I know that this gospel brings true and everlasting happiness. I know that without this gospel I would be completely lost and lonely. I know that without this gospel I would be a broken soul. I choose to be a light on a hill because I want those around me to know that you are never lost or lonely in this life and you are never to broken to be loved. I want everyone on this earth to know about this amazing and eternal church. I want to be able to be an example that those around me can see and follow to Christ. I want to be a tool in His hands. I choose to be a light on a hill because I want to show the world of the goodness, glory, and mercy of our Savior Jesus Christ. I want everyone to know of His atonement and know that there is always hope. I choose to be a light on a hill because I can't imagine my life without the gospel and I don't want anyone else in the world to have to live one more minute without it in their lives. I am proud to be a member of the church and I am proud of what I believe in and know to be true. I choose to be a light on a hill for so many reasons, but must importantly because our Savior was and is a light on a hill. I strive everyday to be more like my Savior and so I will continue to choose to be a light on a hill that cannot, and will not be hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment