Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Past Year

This time last year, I looked at the year I had ahead of me and saw so many things. I had a whole plan for my life and I was set on it. It was so perfect and I was determined to chase after it. Well here I am a year later, not even close to where I thought I'd be. This "perfect plan" I had made for my life has been left behind because an even better plan has revealed itself. And that plan, is God's plan. I am so thankful that I have a Heavenly Father who knows what I need and watches out for me; a Heavenly Father who loves me so endlessly. I'm thankful that He took away things and people that I loved in order to put me on a better path. And now that I'm here, a year later, His plan is way better than my "perfect plan" ever was. I know that if we just put our full trust in Him and His plan and live the fullness of the gospel, our lives will be filled with everlasting happiness. And I know that He has a plan for all of us and I have learned that His plan is always better than the one we have in mind. 

It wasn't always easy though, having Heavenly Father take away the things and people I loved was extremely difficult and tore me apart inside. He tested all of my limits, but I learned that that was the only way for me to grow and to get on the path of righteousness. Sometimes, He knows what will force change within us. There were times where I didn't see the bigger picture and I didn't want to keep going because it was so hard, but then, I learned to put my faith and trust in the Lord and I let him carry me and guide me. And believe me, I have never been happier. I am closer to the spirit than I have ever been before. I am closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior than I have ever been before, and it's all because I put my life into His hands and said, "Father I trust you to take me where you want me to be." And He did. Looking back, I am so incredibly grateful that He took me out of the situation I was in, completely messed up my plans, and helped me get on the path that He has mapped out for me. He wants to help us, He wants to be there, He wants to take our burdens and make them light, but we have to let Him. And if we do, I promise you that everlasting joy and happiness will enter into your life. There will still be hard times, you will still face adversity and sorrow and anguish, but if you have a firm testimony and faith in God and His plan, you will better be able to endure your trials and overcome sorrow. I'm so thankful for a loving Father in Heaven who is so willing and able to help me through anything life throws at me. I am so thankful that He has a plan for my life and that if I keep the commandments and do the things I'm suppose to be doing, that plan will begin to unfold in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment