Wednesday, February 18, 2015

We Always Need Him

Things are slowly but surely getting better. I still have my bad days, my low points, and moments of complete heart break; but things are getting better. However, as things get better, I find myself relying less on God and then turning back to Him in the harder moments. As I have been going through this, I have realized that I cannot do that. I cannot just go to Him in the hard times because I need him in the best times too. I need Him always. He is the perfect person to go to with all of my successes and all of my failures. He's always there and that will never change. Just because things are going well in life, doesn't mean we can just stop relying on Him. The good times are when we can rejoice with God and give Him thanks. We figure out how we can help others like He helped us. In the very well known hymn, I Need Thee Every Hour, it says- "I need thee ev'ry hour, In joy or pain. Come quickly and abide, or life is vain." A life without God is not much of a life at all. We need Him more than we could ever know. We don't just need Him sometimes, we need Him every hour, every minute, and every second of our lives. We truly do. As I've dug myself out from rock bottom, I have grown closer to God than I have ever been before. He saved me and through my trials I have come to know and love Him more than ever before. And it's easier to stay close to Him when things are hard because He makes everything better, but it's a lot harder to remain close to God in the good times. As I experienced this, I learned that the key to staying close to God is realizing that you couldn't have any of the good times without Him in your life. He is the reason for all of the joy and love in your life. I have found as I remember that the only reason my life is going so well is because of God, I am able to continue to grow closer to Him and become more like Him. So as you go through trials and hardships that seem to bring you so much closer to God, remember that you can come close to God during anytime in your life- not just the hard times. We truly need Him always, in joy or pain. And sometimes it takes going through the extremely hard times to realize how much we really need His presence in our lives. And to me, that has made my hard times and heart break worth it. Through my trials I have been able to come closer to God and realize how great His power is and how truly wonderful He is. I have learned that I really do need Him always and I am so thankful that He is always there for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment