Sunday, February 1, 2015

He's Holding your Hand

2 steps forward, 1 step back. That's how my life feels right now. I feel like I'm doing everything I can to seperate myself from the hard things in my life and something happens to pull me back in. I'm literally walking away from a situation and being pulled back time and time again. And let me tell you, that is so hard. It's hard when every time you feel like God has delivered you out of a situation and then you find yourself right back in it. At times, I honestly have a hard time not being angry or frustrated with God. I have a hard time not blaming Him. 2 steps forward, 1 step back. That's how I'm feeling right now. But when I said that to a friend, I realized that taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back still means I'm taking 1 step forward. It still means that I'm better than I was yesterday, even by just 1 step. And that's when I realized that I can't be angry or frustrated at God because without Him, I wouldn't be taking any steps forward. It's because He is holding my hand and pulling me through that I am able to move forward at all. So when you feel like God has left you, or that God is letting bad things happen to you, just try and see where you would be without Him. Because I know that I would be nothing and be nowhere without my God. He will never leave us alone. I say that a lot but it is so so true. He is ALWAYS there. His hand is always outstretched to you. He never turns away. But trials are also always there. In life, we will always have times that we feel like we are moving backwards or like we aren't progressing in ways that we want to be. In life, we wil find ourselves going through things that we feel like weigh us down to the point that we can't go on. But we don't have to be alone. We aren't alone! Hard times may always be there but so is God. So when you feel like you're in a hard time, or when you feel like life is kicking your butt, or when you feel like you're taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back, just remember God is there and He is holding your hand.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment